Discovery Kiteboarding Course (up to 3hrs)
Discover Kiteboarding in one day!
On a nice kite friendly beach setting, nice side shore constant winds, warm tropical temperatures, sunny skies and clear beaches, you will get to experience kiteboarding for the first time. The goal is to provide you the knowledge and skills so you can become a responsible self sufficient kiteboarder.
Is this course for you?
You have seen people Kiteboarding, and flown power kites in the past and you are crossing over from another board sport like Windsurfing, Wakeboarding, Surfing or Snowboarding. You want to try Kiteboarding for a day to see if it’s for you but want to do so in a safe environment with professionals that can teach you patiently and in a logistical way. You aren’t familiar with Kiteboarding safety. If so, then this is the course for you!
- Good swimming skills
- Good health and normal fitness level
- 10 years of age with guardian signature of Registration and Release Form.
- Brief wind theory overview
- Kite setup
- Launching, flying and landing the kite
- Power strokes
- Body drag
- Water relaunching of the kite
- Water ride on the board
- Personalized instruction from highly trained and experienced 15 Knots Kiteboarding Instructors
- 1 instructor/assistant: 1 student ratio
- Theory an Practice Sessions
- On the Water Instruction
- Use of all Kiteboarding equipment
Click on the video to see a 1 day course in one of our flat water spots. On just 3 hours, the student learns the basics concepts of kite flying, safety and balance first. Then you'll see when he takes his first rides on the board after a few instructions. Enjoy the video!